Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ivy is 3 months!

We're enjoying grandparents and cousins for the next week and a half. Zari, Dio, and Inga are collapsing at night, exhausted from full days of riding bikes and scooters, jumping on the trampoline, catching butterflies (Zari), and playing nonstop with cousins.

Ivy is such an alert, curious, and interactive baby now. She smiles and vocalizes and has made some noises that are getting close to laughs.


She is super strong and super wiggly. A few nights ago, I woke up to nurse her. She was on the floor next to the bed (not enough room on the queen bed at my parent's house). She had wiggled down a few feet, turned 90 degrees, flipped over onto her stomach, and somehow put a blanket over her head. All while secured snugly in her straightjacket swaddle wrap. And I had placed rolled-up towels on either side to keep her from rolling over!

She always wants to stand up and watch what's going on. Some of the cousins were watching Planet Earth today. I sat her in the corner of the couch, and she stared at the screen, transfixed. Now she knows a lot about penguins and polar bears.

She definitely knows who her parents are! She fusses if I hand her over to my sister (which is hilarious, because she also has 4 kids and adores babies). First Ivy will get a pouty face, then her lips will quiver, and then she will start crying. As soon as Eric or I scoop her back up, she's fine again. 

She's started grabbing onto things: hair, clothes. She also clings on to me. I love her little "hugs." She loves taking baths, often in the kitchen sink and sometimes with her siblings. She loves sitting on our laps, too. 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun age. My little gal is 4 months and hearing those almost giggles are sweet. Sounds like a great week for the family! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...