Saturday, January 01, 2011

1 million and counting

Some time today, my stat counter registered over 1 million page views since I started blogging. This blog was also listed as one of Babble's Top 10 Pregnancy & Childbirth blogs of 2010!

For those who haven't been reading since the very beginning, I originally started this blog 4 1/2 years ago as a non-confrontational way to explain to my family members why I was planning an unassisted birth. Back when I started, I hardly knew what a blog was.

Over the years this blog has gone through a few name changes and design schemes. Although I now have Facebook and Twitter accounts, they're just feeds of my blog posts. I don't have time to start any new posts or discussions on Facebook, and I'm not online enough to use Twitter to its full potential. Plus, I really like blogging. Before I started this blog, I used to have extended conversations and discussions with myself in my head. That has largely stopped, now that I actually have an audience to share my ideas with!

I want to say thank you to everyone for reading and commenting--after all, this blog would be a lot less interesting without all of you joining in the discussions, telling me your birth stories, writing to me with questions, and sending me interesting articles and research studies. Here's to another great year of blogging!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad to be a committed reader. Looking forward to the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is one of my all-time favorites. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only just joined youand I am thoroughly enjoying reading your insights into birthing and parenting.. I look forward to reading many more posts!

    :)

    Ash www.gomumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently found your blog -- love it! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Rixa, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...