Friday, June 15, 2007

Travel

After a 7 hour car ride to the airport, an 8 hour flight (which of course was delayed), and a 7 hour drive from Paris to Grenoble, I am tired of traveling. Zari has done quite well considering. We're visiting some friends for a day or two, then heading to the south of France for a week of relaxation in Hyeres: snorkeling, swimming, and walking around the beautiful medieval city.

Then work starts: we run a study abroad program for high school students on the Atlantic coast. The students stay with host families, take 3 hours of French every day, and participate in several workshops (cooking, sailing, painting, etc) during the afternoons. We organize optional excursions and activities every day and several evenings a week, on top of what the students already have scheduled. July will be insanely busy, especially for Eric, as I will be less able to help out chaperoning during afternoons and evenings.

Grazia magazine in the UK just published an article featuring my unassisted birth story. I haven't seen it yet, but I am excited to read it. It's in first person, but I actually didn't author the article, just gave it my final thumbs-up. I talked to the writer for several hours, and she also read through my blog and corresponded via email. From all of this, she put together a narrative for the magazine.

Most exciting of all--we are going to London next week to appear on GMTV and talk about my birth! More details later, but I am quite looking forward to it. Plus I've never been to London before.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely abroad - be sure to pick up many copies of Grazia for us :) and wow - TV now too?! How exciting. I look forward to seeing/reading all of the above...hope you can get a video of your TV spot! Have a wonderful time down south - sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rixa, I'm glad you got there okay. I am delighted about the article and the TV time for you. Congrats. Sometimes it amazes me how far your story has gone. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. I just tried to read your story, but I'd have to subscribe first. Maybe I'll still to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you get a copy of you tv shot...maybe you can put it on youtube? So cool man. You are going to be FAMOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, how exciting! Good luck - don't get the TV jitters! I'm sure *I* would! :)

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...