Monday, October 30, 2006

Wiped out

Today I can claim to be a miserable pregnant woman (although my complaint probably has nothing to do with pregnancy). Last night I slept a grand total of about 6 minutes. Every time I would start to fall asleep, I would suddenly wake up to the sound of a very loud snorting/gagging sound. How did such a ladylike sound come out of my own mouth? Then I would lie in bed for a half hour or so until my heart stopped racing and try to get to sleep again. Then the whole snorting/gagging thing would start up again as soon as I fell back asleep.

It was really weird. I've never had anything like that happen before.

I went downstairs from 1:30-3:30 am thinking that lying on the couch would help. It didn't. So I went back upstairs until 5:30 am, when I finally gave up and went back downstairs to waste some time on the internet.

It was as if I had stopped breathing each time, or had a really congested airway. Only I am not congested...what is up?

I have been able to get about an hour of sleep total today, thanks to my Hypnobirthing CDs. They put me out like a light. Let's just hope that there is no more snorting tonight, because I don't know if I can take another night of no sleep. I am okay with waking up 5-6 times a night to pee--I've been doing that since month 1. But no sleep at all? NOT GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I'm not sure what the snorting and gagging is about, but I do think that nature plays a dirty trick on pregnant women. I mean, you already know that you won't be getting much sleep in the months after birth, but why is it necessary to practice in the months leading up to it? For Pete's sake! (rant, rant, rant) Good luck tonight, anyway.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that doesn't sound like much fun. Hmmmmm, things that put me out like a light: reading late at night, boring movies, low monotone voices. Maybe have Eric read you to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...